Robin Cox (1935- ) completed a Ceramics Certificate at the Technical College in Launceston, and then a Fine Arts Diploma at the Art School, before setting up her studio at historic Belmont in Longford, Tasmania, in 1964. She taught ceramics part-time and established a tradition of holding annual exhibitions of her work, specialising in reduced functional stoneware made using local clays, rock dust and ashes, and fired in a gas kiln. In the early 1980s she started experimenting with Tasmanian kaolin to make a transparent porcelain clay. In a feature on Tasmanian ceramists in Pottery in Australia, 26/3, 1987, p. 55, she spoke of how isolation and lack of books on pottery forced her to be self-sufficient and to seek out and use local materials. She has entries in the 1974-1988 potters' directories. In the 1977 directory, her mark is an 'RC' monogram over a tractor. In 1981, it is 'R.C.' inside a two-chimneyed house. In 1985 it is just R.C.